[RFC v3] PCMCIA locking updates for 2.6.34

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Jan 24 12:40:59 EST 2010

Hey,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:21:50PM +0900, Komuro wrote:
> lspcmcia -vvv is same between before and after re-plug.

Are the drivers bound before the re-plug? Now, with v4, does it work
out-of-the-box or does it work if you issue a

	echo 1 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/available_resources_setup_done

? If it still doesn't work, what does "dmesg" tell us if you issue:

	echo "module pcmcia +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
	echo 1 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/available_resources_setup_done

> By the way, the pcmcia-socket-startup is loaded after registering new device
> in this case.
> Is it correct?

Well, it starts once userspace gets to handle the udev events -- and as
there are memory and IO ports available to use for PCMCIA devices
(autoprobe), we are safe to add PCMCIA devices at this stage.

Best,