[RFC] PCMCIA locking updates for 2.6.34

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Sun Jan 17 15:40:24 EST 2010

> > Does the new locking work for you? I'd wonder why...
>
> I wonder too why it worked yesterday -- I updated the patch-set completely,
> it's up at the same location as yesterday
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-2.6.git#locking
>
> and survives any test case I can throw at it (which aren't many,
> unfortunately). Could you test this, please?

This branch works better. I plugged and pulled some cards and so far it works
for me. Minor nit, compiling gave me:

  CC [M]  drivers/pcmcia/ds.o
  drivers/pcmcia/ds.c: In function ‘pcmcia_delayed_requery’:
  drivers/pcmcia/ds.c:720: warning: ignoring return value of ‘bus_rescan_devices’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

I'd like to do some more testing, though.

Another thing: You said these locking patches were for 2.6.34. What about
waiting for 2.6.35, so your other patches can stabilize in mainline, and the
locking stuff gets another round of testing? I'd fear hunting possible
regressions ("My card/slots stopped working!") might get troublesome otherwise?

Regards (and thanks for this work!),

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |