from 2.4 Card Services to 2.6 linux-pcmcia

Guy Léonis Guy.Leonis at spacebel.be
Tue Dec 14 11:25:26 EST 2010

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you, it is by now only a documentation issue.
In the frame of a European Space Agency project, I am in charge of porting a third-party PCMCIA driver (for a very specific and rare card) from kernel 2.4 (Card Services) to kernel 2.6 (linux-pcmcia and PCMCIA utils).
I was able to find the perfect HOWTO from David Hinds for the Card Services.
I am looking for an equivalent HOWTO for 2.6 PCMCIA implementation; I need a lot more than the mini-HOWTO I could find on the WEB (http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html).
I am looking also for a document giving a 'strategy' to do the migration or giving the differences between the two implementations.

Please could you help me? URL would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Guy Léonis

Spacebel                    Tel   : +32-26 58 20 27
I. Vandammestraat 7 bus 1   Fax   : +32-26 58 20 90
B-1560 Hoeilaart            email : Guy.Leonis at spacebel.be
BELGIUM