PETEC 2MB SRAM

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Nov 6 10:38:33 EST 2009

Pep Talens wrote:
> this is my scenario:
>
> Laptop: BenQ Joybook A33E
> OS: OpenSuse 10.2
> Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.13-default
> PCMCIA Card: PRETEC 2MB SRAM
> http://pan8.fotovista.com/dev/8/6/03573268/l_03573268.jpg
> pcmcia-cs version: 3.2.8
> Socket: yenta-socket
> IRQ: 169

Try with the newest kernel and without pcmcia-cs, which has been
deprecated since years now.

> Now I'm trying to migrate from cardmgr to pcmciautils but I don't
> know if after migration I'll be able to make this card writable.

It seems that you have nothing to lose. ;)

> Am I in the right way? Could someone guide me?

Upgrade to 2.6.31.5, install pcmciautils and uninstall or disable
pcmcia-cs. Then see what happens. Maybe it will work. Note that
you'll likely need ISA support enabled since this is a PCMCIA card,
and not a Cardbus card, which appears as PCI devices.

//Peter