pata_pcmcia client driver

kiran vedere vederekiran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:33:32 EDT 2009

Hi:

I am working on an ARM Platform which provides a Compact Flash
Interface to read/write CF Storage cards. I implemented the CF Host
Controller and I am using the existing pata_pcmcia client driver to
read/write to a Compact Flash Storage Card.
However when I insert the Card I cannot see any ata block device which
I can use to mount the card. Below are the messages when I insert the
card (I enabled debug messages and also added my own).

linux #
pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
ata_host_alloc:ENTER
ata_port_alloc:ENTER
pcmcia_init_one:n_ports =1
ata_host_activate:ENTER
ata_host_start:ENTER
ata4294967295 port frozen
ata_host_register:ENTER
ata_scsi_add_hosts:ENTER
scsi_host_alloc:ENTER
scsi_add_host:ENTER
scsi0 : pata_pcmcia
ata1: PATA max PIO0 cmd 0xc8818030 ctl 0xc8818050 irq 24
probe begin
port EH scheduled
ata_scsi_error:ENTER
ata_port_flush_task:ENTER
ata_port_flush_task:EXIT
ata_bmdma_error_handler:ENTER
ata_bmdma_drive_eh:ENTER
ata_bmdma_drive_eh:qc=0x0
ata_eh_link_autopsy:ENTER
ata_eh_recover:ENTER
ata1 port frozen
ENTER
ata_std_softreset:ENTER
about to softreset, devmask=0
ata1: bus reset via SRST
found ATA device by sig
found ATA device by sig
EXIT, classes[0]=9 [1]=9
ata_std_postreset:ENTER
EXIT, no device
ata1 port thawed
ata_eh_revalidate_and_attach:ENTER
ata_eh_recover:EXIT, rc=0
ata_scsi_error:EXIT
host probe begin
port EH scheduled
pcmcia_init_one: ata host activated: ret=0
ata_scsi_error:ENTER
ata_port_flush_task:ENTER
ata_port_flush_task:EXIT
ata_scsi_error:ENTER
ata_bmdma_error_handler:ENTER
ata_bmdma_drive_eh:ENTER
ata_bmdma_drive_eh:qc=0x0
ata_eh_link_autopsy:ENTER
ata_eh_recover:ENTER
ata_eh_revalidate_and_attach:ENTER
ata_eh_recover:EXIT, rc=0
ata_scsi_error:EXIT

linux #
linux #

I was able to use /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/ to read some CF card
details such as Manf_ID/Prod ID, etc however there was no
/sys/bus/scsi entry available.

Do I need anything more to access the CF Storage card or I am missing
any of the steps in the process? Please clarify.

Regards,
Kiran