Pcmcia: 16 bit card does not work in 2.6.18+ kernel

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Wed Jul 29 11:09:48 EDT 2009

(Please don't cc me, I get mails from the list. Thanks! :)

Pius.Braun at t-systems.com wrote:
> Peter: What modules do you mean when you say "Something is wrong
> with the setup"?

I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

> We did some more based on Wolfram's hint:
>
> We compiled the kernel 2.6.18 with the "drivers/pcmcia/ti113x.h"
> from the working kernel 2.6.9. Did'nt have any effect. The error is
> still the same.

I am not surprised. To really find the problem change in the source I
recommend that you use git bisect:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html
http://kerneltrap.org/node/11753

//Peter