"L2-cache"-branch for pcmcia - interesting?

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Fri Jul 24 08:32:14 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I noted that pcmcia-patches did not go upstream for some months. Inspired by a
similar workflow in linux-mtd (done by Artem Bityutskiy), I decided to set
up a "L2-cache"-branch for pcmcia. That means, I collected all patches since
~November 2008 which are not upstream yet and seem OK to me. As I am no
PCMCIA-expert, they are more on the trivial side, but still nice to have IMHO.
Here is what is in the branch right now:

===

The following changes since commit 4be3bd7849165e7efa6b0b35a23d6a3598d97465:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.31-rc4

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.pengutronix.de/git/wsa/linux-2.6.git pcmcia-l2

Joe Perches (1):
      drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_resource.c: Remove unnecessary semicolons

Roel Kluin (1):
      drivers/pcmcia: Make static

Steven A. Falco (1):
      Use phys_addr_t for physical addresses

Wolfram Sang (1):
      pcmcia: fix incorrect argument order to list_add_tail()

 drivers/pcmcia/ds.c              |    3 +--
 drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_ioctl.c    |    2 +-
 drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_resource.c |    2 +-
 include/pcmcia/ss.h              |    4 ++--

===

(I found four more candidates, yet I need to contact the people if the
patch was really solving their problem.)

The question is now if there is anybody interested in this branch? It
would be best, of course, if it was pulled by Dominik, but in case he is
not available, could it also go via the drivers-tree?

Thanks for your attention,

    Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |