force execution of pcmcia-socket-startup

M-Wenzel at t-systems.com M-Wenzel at t-systems.com
Wed Jul 1 03:19:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to run a Flash-OFDM (FT1000) card on a compact PCI system
with RedHat EL 5. The system is configured in a way, that pcmciautils
uses udev to add new devices and load drivers. In the past we used RHEL
4 with pcmcia-cs and everything worked fine.
I found out, that the FT1000 driver needs a clean I/O memory probe to
run properly. At the moment, the PCMCIA kernel modules do the memory
probe on boot and I only get messages like
cs: memory probe 0x40000000-0x47ffffff: excluding 0x40000000-0x47ffffff
cs: memory probe 0xd8300000-0xe1ffffff: excluding 0xd8300000-0xd92fffff
0xd9b00000-0xe22fffff
Is it possible to force the execution of pcmcia-socket-startup in order
to parse the config.opts with the needed memory ranges to get the
"memory clean" messages?

Thanks and best regards,
Marco