help with new lh7a400 driver.

James Ronald james.ronald at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:37:31 EDT 2008

Dominic,

I figured out my problem.  I had forgot about registering the platform
device.  Although there are many loose ends to come back and finish
the driver is currently with busybox mdev, pccardctl,  pata_pcmcia,
wireless tools and the orinoco wireless driver. Unfortunately, it will
be some time before I can get back to the pcmcia stuff and add
suspend/resume and such.    I do have one additional question.
Displaying the running processes shows two instances of pccardd.  Is
it correct that there would be one instance for each socket?

# lsmod
orinoco_cs             13572  1
orinoco                41844  1 orinoco_cs
hermes                  6016  2 orinoco_cs,orinoco
usb_storage            37984  0
sd_mod                 21136  0
isp116x_hcd            19808  0
usbcore               133460  3 usb_storage,isp116x_hcd
pata_pcmcia            11104  1
libata                138916  1 pata_pcmcia
scsi_mod               99744  3 usb_storage,sd_mod,libata
lh7a400_cs              4000  6
lh7a40x_core           13636  1 lh7a400_cs
pcmcia                 29992  2 orinoco_cs,pata_pcmcia
pcmcia_core            33812  5
orinoco_cs,pata_pcmcia,lh7a400_cs,lh7a40x_core,pcmcia
vfat                   10656  0
fat                    48092  1 vfat

Many thanks and best regards.
James Ronald