Problem with pcmcia serial GPRS/EDGE modem

Grzeniek grzeniek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:23:58 EDT 2007

Hi again,

I still have this problem with GPRS modem SonyEricsson GC89. What I
found is if i boot system with kernel parameter acpi=off everything
work great. I have got transfer about 20KB/s. When I boot with acpi
enabled I have transfers about 900B/s and a lot of ppp0 rx errors
(about 25%).
I tried few Linux distributions (FC5, FC7, Ubuntu 6.04, Ubuntu 7,04,
Ubuntu 7.10).

I still don't know if this problem is related to pcmcia
(yenta_socket), but I have got no idea what and where should I look
for. I really need to have this modem working, and I think I need
Yours help.

Grzegorz

PS. Again sorry for my English