CompactFlash performance - pio5 and pio6 on TI1510 (no DMA)

Iain Barker ibarker at aastra.com
Wed Nov 21 11:41:50 EST 2007

Peter Stuge wrote:
> One thing you could try is the pata_pcmcia driver instead.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my understanding from the code comments (below), is that the libata pcmcia driver only supports pio0?

I am starting to think that perhaps even the ide_cs Linux driver is not capable of running higher than pio0 for an CF/PATA connected via a PCMCIA adapter.

Can anyone someone confirm if they achieved higher than pio0 rates (i.e. without using DMA)?

>From drivers/ata/pata_pcmcia.c
/**
 *	pcmcia_init_one		-	attach a PCMCIA interface
 *	@pdev: pcmcia device
 *
 *	Register a PCMCIA IDE interface. Such interfaces are PIO 0 and
 *	shared IRQ.
 */