Sandisk 6-in-1 card reader

Michael Robb msar2020 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:43:56 EST 2007

>This indicates that you're using the old ide-cs driver (under
>CONFIG_IDE in the kernel config) and I would like to suggest that you
>try to use the new libata based pata_pcmcia driver (under CONFIG_ATA)
>instead. Disable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECS and enable CONFIG_PATA_PCMCIA.

Thanks,
  I have recompiled and installed the linux-2.6.23.1 with the above flags
set through 'make xconfig'. Installing the card into a running system
gives the following messages:

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
ata1.01: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x2)
ata1: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0x80)
ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
ata1.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xec)
ata1.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
ata1: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0x80)
ata1: device not ready (errno=-16), forcing hardreset
ata1.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xec)
ata1.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
ata1.00: limiting speed to UDMA7:PIO5
ata1: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0x80)
ata1: device not ready (errno=-16), forcing hardreset

Cheers,
  Michael