linux 2.6.20 + netgear ma401time out

Hendrik-Jan Heins hjheins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:23:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

I recently installed a kernel 2.6.20 on my IBM Thinkpad i240.
I also installed the new pccardutil package, as this is needed with
the new kernel.

However, since I did this, my netgear ma401 wireless card doesn't
initialise correctly anymore.
I know that it is not a pcmcia slot issue, as another card, a standard
wired net card works.

With the wireless card I get the following error: "cs: pcmcia_socket0:
time out after reset"
How can I fix this? or get more data to understand what is going wrong?
I'm having this issue with all kernel related pcmcia parts (pcmcia-cs
worked just fine; the kernel version gives this error on all kernels,
even an old 2.4.27 install).

Hendrik-Jan