Question about yenta and the TI1520 PCI-CardBus bridge

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Thu Mar 1 21:07:55 EST 2007

Hi all,

If this is the wrong list I apologize, but I'm fairly sure it's related to
CF/CF+.  This is a newbie question but I'm not getting any good
information from google.  What is a 'yanta-compatible device' and how do I
know if a device is 'yenta-compatible'?  Is it related to PCI-CardBus
bridges?

A second question: has anyone successfully gotten the TI1520 PCI-CardBus
bridge to work in linux?  We're doing a new design with a MPC8347 uC and
we have a need to support both a CF storage device and a CF+ 'other'
device.  We've gone through a number of iterations on ideas (hang it on a
USB to IDE converter, hang it off the local bus, etc.) but the
best/cleanest/most flexible solution we keep coming back to is the PCI
bus.  We'd like to use the TI part because we need industrial temp rating,
but TI isn't talking to us because they're totally tied up with the Vista
release and don't have any resources for new customers.  So I thought I'd
ask the question out here: does this device work under linux?  How much
effort is it to make it work: hours, days, weeks?  (I realize that if it's
not currently supported, the answer to the last depends on how much I know
about the internals of linux, which at this point is VERY small, though
I'm learning :)  .)  Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Take care and stay safe.

bruce