pcmcia drive / hotplug adoption

Tobias Pflug Gilligan- at gmx.net
Wed Jun 20 10:24:31 EDT 2007

hi,

Ever since 2005/2.6.13 the pcmcia subsystem was altered to use
hotplug events for card control. Browsing around in the archives
of the list i found a series of patches made by Dominik Brodowski
which I suppose were the base for this.

Now the situation is the following. I have a working pcmcia driver
which was written (and works flawlessly) for the 2.6.11 kernel which
I would like to compile with 2.6.18+.

My experience in kernel development is rather limited. How complex can I
expect the required changes to be ? Are there any documents you could
point me to for orientation ? Or some patches for specific drivers that
do a good job in illustrating what needs to be done.

thanks for any help.
-Tobi

PS: Please CC to me as I am not subscribed to this list. Thank you.