Compact Flash Card in PCMCIA Adapter

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Sat Aug 18 21:02:46 EDT 2007

  This is pretty uch exactly what I was getting with Pico E12's - same
CF card in a PCMCIA adapter..
But definitely NOT ide.

The E12 is an FPGA based card. Later E12 firmware with different CF
timing fixed the problem.
But the earlier firmware that failed under Linux worked in Windows.
I would ssuspect that exactly the same thing is true here.

There is some kind of timing issue and cards that are at one extreme or
another of the
PCMCIA/CF specs fail to have their CIS information correctly read by linux.

I tried to trace this through the cis, css, and ds systems, but I do nto
understand them well enough
to track the problem down.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein