about CF card's speed

David Hinds David_Hinds at perlegen.com
Thu Oct 26 00:27:05 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25 at 05:53 PM sinkin wrote:

> > The PCMCIA bus.
> >
> Yes, I agreed with you early on. But when i change the value of
> SOC_PCMCIA_IO_ACCESS from 165 to 10(I think the CF card work under io
> mode when using idecs driver), the high speed CF card's write speed
> can reach to 6MB/s.

If it works, that's great.  You are no longer conforming to PCMCIA bus
timing parameters.  Most discrete bridge chips don't support tweaking
the bus timings to that extent, and/or are limited by the maximum polled
IO rate for the host CPU.  It looks like the constraints are different
for your board.

-- Dave