PCMCIA ZTE MC 315 card

sampath.kumar sampath.kumar at clearockinc.com
Thu Nov 9 02:00:34 EST 2006

This is my first Linux post just installed fedora core 5, everything
working fine, i also updated the pccardutils.

When i insert my ZTE MC 315 pcmcia card and do a dmesg
it shows :

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
ttyS3: detected caps 00000700 should be 00000100
0.0: ttyS3 at I/O 0x2e8 (irq = 3) is a 16C950/954

it is bound to serial_cs
and when i do a pccardctl info it shows:

PRODID_1="CDMA1X"
PRODID_2="CARD"
PRODID_3=""
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0279,950b
FUNCID=2
PRODID_1=""
PRODID_2=""
PRODID_3=""
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0000,0000
FUNCID=255

I also created a wvdial.conf entry as following:

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyS3
Init1 = ATZ
ISDN = 0
Carrier Check = no
Stupid Mode = yes
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = #777
Username = [myphonenumber]
Password = [myphonenumber]

and when i do wvdial:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.54.0
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
--> Sending: ATQ0
--> Re-Sending: ATZ
--> Modem not responding.

I understand that ZTE card config information is not
there , i couldn't find it on their website too

Can somebody please guide me, to solve the problem.

with regards
N.Sampath