PC Card conforming to EN 50221

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Mon May 29 18:20:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:01:29AM +0200, Mikael Hakman wrote:
> Is it possible to access a PC Card conforming to EN 50221 "Common Interface
> Specification for Conditional Access and other Digital Video Broadcasting
> Decoder Applications" standard? The card is inserted into computer's PCMCIA
> slot.

Is it a 16-bit PCMCIA card or a 32-bit CardBus card? If it's a 32-bit
CardBus card, it may just work fine -- you should ask on the Linux DVB list
in addition anyways.

But if it's a 16-bit card: AFAIK no, but I cannot say for sure. At least no
existing PCMCIA device driver in the Linux kernel sources seems to match
the description given by you. However, there may be external drivers
available; and as long as you have access to the specification you
should be able to write such a device driver yourself.