Plugging in a modem PCMCIA card, freezes the system...

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Mon May 22 05:51:26 EDT 2006

Hi to all!
I am trying to use an UMTS/GPRS card with my toshiba laptop SM30-801 but got
this issue:
if i plug in, the computer freezes;
i am using kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 with pcmciautils 0.13
Those are the kernel setting:
CONFIG_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_PCMCIA_LOAD_CIS=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_IOCTL=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_PROBE=y

As you can see, on other laptop the same card is working (
http://www.pasqualotto.org/how-to/linux-vodafone-connect-card/ )

I tested with 3 differents live cd (slax,kubuntu and knoppix) but the resoult
is the same.
If I keep the card inside the sloot during the boot, it freezes..

Thanks for all
Luca

--
"E' molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che tutto di una cosa (Blaise
Pascal)."

jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it