reset of pcmcia device.

Krzysztof Drewicz hunter at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat May 6 12:48:06 EDT 2006

Russell King napisał(a):

>>f: clean.
>>ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 169) is a 16550A
>>

>Okay, so it detected it at boot.

And works for 3 days, or even a week. But afert that time it hangs.
(this is becaouse of hardware, the card was very cheap <120USD for
GPRS/GSM module with PCI pcmcia adapter)

>I think you mean "I unplugged the card" here.

Ahhhh, plug is the magic verb.

>>[root at asia:~]$ pccardctl status
>>Socket 0:
>> 3.3V 16-bit PC Card
>> Subdevice 0 (function 0) [unbound]
>>

>This is telling - the card wasn't bound to any driver.

I use hot plug:
[root at asia:~]$ head -5 /sbin/hotplug
#!/bin/bash
#
# A generic /sbin/hotplug multiplexer program
#
# This script allows any program to be called when /sbin/hotplug is

I don't like using udev on busy-box based, embended machine.

>Presumably because PCMCIA didn't bind the device to the driver, despite
>the function ID matching.  Sounds like a core PCMCIA issue to me.
>
>Why did it work at boot but not subsequently?  I don't know the answer
>to that.

Maybe there is a magic foo-bar sequence of cat > /proc (or /sys) to bind
pcmcia manually to the card?
The /sbin/hotplug seems like only-another-one-wrapper of cat, echo and /sys.

kd,

--
Krzysztof Drewicz