multiple modules on Linux

Khamar, Kalpit K (Kalpit) kkhamar at lucent.com
Wed May 3 12:49:34 EDT 2006

> Hi All,
> I have two devices and if i connect them individually on a linux machine then it will work and create necessary ports whcih i wanted. Below are the two commna di use to install them

sudo /sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x1199 product=0x19
sudo /sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x1199 product=0x20

Now, if i connect them both together on same Linux machine then only one device will work. And that depends on which module i install first. So if i install vendor=0x1199 product=0x19 first then that device will work and the other one won't work. and if i install vendor=0x1199 product=0x20 then that device will work while the other one won't work

Is there any way i can make both of them working on the same box?

Please let me know
Thanks
Kal