Help accessing a linear sram memory card with pcmciautils!

Dennis Arkeryd darkeryd at logopak.se
Fri Mar 31 06:38:48 EST 2006

Hi,

I am using Kernel 2.6.x (Fedora core4) together with pcmciautils 0.13,
and an Elan P423 pcmcia card reader/writer.

The only thing I need to do is to be able to do is to directly write
data to, and read data from
a linear sram memory card.

For example:
On my old system with Kernel 2.4.x + pcmcia-cs driver,
a device named something like "memc0c" showed up and it was just to write
"cp <filename> /dev/memc0c" to write the contents of a file the card.

But I haven't been able to achieve this, nor find any relevant info on
this for my current os+kernel+drivers
(as described in the beginning).

The installation of pcmciautils seems to be ok.
When I write "ls -l /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/", the following shows up
when a card is inserted to my card reader:
"../../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:09.0/0000:05:05.0/0.0pcmcia-cs".

(While nothing shows up when no card is inserted.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

/ Dennis