FC5 not properly configuring modem of multifunction modem/ethernet card

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Tue Jul 11 04:55:22 EDT 2006

Stanley A. Klein wrote:

Sorry my first post, I pressed the button too early.
> The system is correctly identifying the driver for the modem side of he
> card.  I may have helped get to this point by adding
>
> card "3Com 3c562/3c563 Ethernet/Modem"
>    manfid 0x0101, 0x0562
>    bind "3c589_cs" to 0, "serial_cs" to 1
>
> to /etc/pcmcia/config.opts as indicated in the material at
> pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net.

There is no such file '/etc/pcmcia/config.opts' in FC5. FC5 uses the new
pcmcia system and tools (pcmciautils-011-1.2). Are you trying to install
the old system (pcmcia-cs) in addition to the new system? Rather than
look help from pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net you should look at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/howto.html and
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html. Check
via 'rpm -q pcmciautils' is your new tools already installed.

BR. Jar