two issues with airo and hotplug

Robert Schulze rob at net-pr.de
Sun Jul 9 18:32:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

one thing is, that card insertions and removals are recognized only at the second attempt.
I have to insert my Aironet 350 twice to get it working.
On removal, I have to insert and remove it one more time, before a following insertion is recognized.

The second thing: I always get the following messages (look at the "airo(eth1)"-prepended ones)

on insertion:

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
airo(eth1): cmd= 111
airo(eth1): status= 7f11
airo(eth1): Rsp0= 2
airo(eth1): Rsp1= 0
airo(eth1): Rsp2= 0
airo(eth1): Doing fast bap_reads
airo(eth1): MAC enabled 0:40:96:58:79:cb
eth1: index 0x05: , Vpp 5.0, irq 9, io 0x0100-0x013f

on removal:

pccard: card ejected from slot 0
airo(eth1): cmd= 2
airo(eth1): status= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp0= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp1= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp2= ffff
airo(eth1): cmd= 21
airo(eth1): status= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp0= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp1= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp2= ffff
airo(eth1): cmd= 21
airo(eth1): status= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp0= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp1= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp2= ffff
airo(eth1): cmd= 21
airo(eth1): status= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp0= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp1= ffff
airo(eth1): Rsp2= ffff

Anybody how knows, what those messages mean?

Robert Schulze