PCMCIA Core exported functions documents

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Jan 8 17:12:51 EST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:41:14PM +0530, Mukund JB. wrote:
> Dear PCMCIA listers,
>
> I am planning to write a PCMCIA FLASH Media reader driver.

Great! However, please let me ask: is the media different from what the
existing drivers "ide-cs" or "memory-cs/pcmciamtd"  can provide for?

If not:
> Would someone help me guide through the required registration functions
> and file_operation that I would have to use get access to a PCMCIA device.
> Are the core exported functions of PCMCIA CORE documented well. If so,
> please provide me the links.

The best starting point is probably the source code .. then, IIRC, David
Hinds has written lots of documentation for the 2.4. PCMCIA device drivers
interface -- for the changes needed for 2.6., check
http://www.lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/ and, specifically for PCMCIA
changes, Documentation/pcmcia/driver-changes.txt in the Linux kernel source
tree.

And whenever you get stuck -- ask on this list, such specific questions are
(usually) easier to answer than the question you asked a week and a half ago
;-)

Thanks,