Patch that breaks Cardbus support on HP zv5460us laptop

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Aug 11 01:45:56 EDT 2006

Chris Lu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using git-bisect I found the patch that breaks cardbus support on my
> HP zv5460 laptop. This was applied between 2.6.14-rc2 and -rc3;
> reversing the patch on 2.6.17.7 makes Cardbus work where it formerly
> did not. sha1sum of the patch is:
>
> 12f44f46bc9c6dc79255e661b085797af395d8da
>
> I have attached lspci -vvv output; please ask if you need more info.
> (lspci output is with Cardbus card inserted.)

Did you try the "pci=assign-busses" option before you reverted that patch? Is
your system running a 32- or 64-bit system?

This breakage needs to be sent to linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org. As you have seen
from the short log accompanying that patch, it was signed-off-by Andrew Morton
and Linus Torvalds - you cannot get any higher than that.

I have some personal interest in this problem as the patch in question fixed a
problem that kept my machine from booting with any cardbus card in the adapter.

Larry