kernel 2.6.13 - socket driver set_io_map() no longer called?

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sat Sep 17 08:50:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:23:10PM +0200, Kars de Jong wrote:
> I wrote a socket driver for my Amiga 1200 PCMCIA socket a long time ago,
> but never got it included in the mainstream kernel yet. I adapted it to
> the 2.6 model at the beginning of this year and had it working OK with
> kernel version 2.6.8.1.

Can you share the source with us?

> The driver is of type SS_CAP_STATIC_MAP, but (and this is different from
> all other "static" drivers) the io_offset field is 0.

As all other in-kernel drivers did set io_offset, I missed this alternative
back when I introduced pccard_*_ops. As the MPC8xx socket driver just got
added to -mm, I first became aware of this issue, and still need to manage
it correctly.

> Compared to 2.6.8.1, I have set the resource_ops field to
> &pccard_static_ops.

As a workaround, you can simply switch to pccard_nonstatic_ops in the
meantime. pccard_static_ops is, for now, just a shortcut for the
common SS_CAP_STATIC_MAP and io_offset==0 case. Also, that's the workaround
used by the MPC8xx socket driver...

Can you send me a /proc/ioports output when a card is up and running in the
socket? Also, please send along a /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and tell me
whether all ports not marked as "used" in /proc/ioports can be made
available to PCMCIA.

Thanks,