bind and unbind from userspace

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat Sep 17 01:49:00 EDT 2005

Hello!

Suppose there are two drivers capable of supporting the same device
(real life example: orinoco_cs and hostap_cs).  Suppose they are linked
into the kernel, which assumes that the generic pcmcia code is linked
too.  Suppose we have a user who wants to chose between two drivers.

I believe the right way to switch the driver would be:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0/driver/unbind
echo 1 > /sys/bus/pcmcia/drivers/hostap_cs/bind

The first command (unbind) is not working right now.  There are no error
messages in the kernel log.  sysfs still indicated that orinoco_cs is
bound.  Before I start debugging the kernel, I'd like to know if this
behavior is intentional by any chance.

I'm using up-to-date kernel from git.

--
Regards,