pcmciautils-009 doesn't compile; make: *** [src/yacc_config.o] Error 1

Sander sander at humilis.net
Thu Sep 15 05:13:41 EDT 2005

Hello Dominik,

I saw pcmciautils-009 announced in the archives and tried to compile it
on an up to date Debian Sid. It bails out with:

Compiling yacc_config.c:                                              [ERROR]
  gcc -pipe -DVERSION="009" -I/usr/src/compile/pcmciautils-009/src -Wall -Wchar
  -subscripts -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-compare -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-af
  ter-statement -Wshadow -I/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.2/include -Os -fomit
  -frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o src/yacc_config.o src/yacc_config.c
  src/yacc_config.c:61: error: syntax error before string constant
  src/yacc_config.c:92:1: warning: "VERSION" redefined
  <command line>:1:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

  y.tab.c: In function 'yyparse':
  y.tab.c:1025: warning: implicit declaration of function 'yylex'
make: *** [src/yacc_config.o] Error 1

If I remove src/yacc_config.c line 61 (VERSION ..) it compiles.

Btw, during compile it says OK and ERROR RedHat style in the
colors red, green and yellow. Especially the yellow text is
not readible in a white xterm and I assume the other colors
give problems on x/eterms with different color settings.
IMVHO this eyecandy is a bit distracting.

Thank you for this release.

	With kind regards, Sander

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions