pcmcia i82365 yenta

Paul Miller listmail at voltar-confed.org
Mon Sep 12 17:46:55 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 01:14:29PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> Use yenta.  What are your cards?  Cardbus or pcmcia?  If they're
> cardbus, you should find them with lspci.  If pcmcia, cardctl
> ident should show them.
>
> In any case, posting the kernel messages, lspci -vv and cardctl
> status output would help.

Apparently it's cardbus.  I wasn't aware there was a difference
now. I'd cut and paste, but the network isn't working on the
device ...

lspci shows:
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 1737:ab09 (rev 11)

cardctl status shows
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]

Clearly I need to switch to cardctl.  I was unaware cardmgr -f
wasn't my friend anymore.

> (ds doesn't exist anymore - it's now called pcmcia.)

I knew that much at least. I didn't know why cardmgr -f
couldn't/wouldn't configure it.  To tell you the truth, I don't
know how to get cardctl to work either, but at least I'm on the
right track now.

Thanks very much.

> > If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
> Whereas an airplane flies, but a boat doesn't swim, it floats on water.

That's just semantics.  The point is that if you want to enjoy
your environment, you need to get out of the vehicle.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
74 jumps, 29.9 minutes of freefall, 57.9 freefall miles.