where can I find ds module?

Eli Spizzichino esac at javanet.info
Sat Sep 10 12:48:02 EDT 2005

Hello all,
I'm trying to install an atheros based pcmcia card on gentoo.
I've followed instructions from
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_PCMCIA_NIC and
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=26716
however in those docs is not explained how to get the 'ds' module
modprobe can't find it.

I already have the cardbridge Texas Instrument PCI1420 working with
modprobe i82092
pcmcia-cs is installed from portage tree (version 3.2.5-r3)
the kernel (2.6.11-r8) is compiled with make clean bzImage modules
modules_install
and I did:
env-update
. /etc/profiles
ldconfig
update-modules force
because I've read that this can help solving this problem but it doesn't :/
Reading http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-PROG doc seems
ds module comes with pcmcia-cs but qpkg -l pcmcia-cs |grep ds doesn't
shows it nor I find it in /lib/modules

This problem is driving me mad (but not to mad driver:)
thanks in advance