my pcmcia card is not working

Ahmad wakeel abdulwakeel_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 10:20:56 EDT 2005

Salut!

I'm trying to configure a wireless lan card on my
mandrake2.6.. linux.

When I insert WaveLAN, Lucent Technologies card into
pcmcia slot, it doesn't even give light for power.

and when I check it from hardware list, linux deosn't
show it on the list.

I have confirmed that I have following three drivers
installed in linux.

orinico_cs
orinico
hermes

When I insert Instant wireless Netwok PC card into
pcmcia slot, it does give light for power.

but when I check it from hardware list, linux deosn't
show it on the list.

and same is the case with netgear 802.11b wireless pc
card.

All of these cards work in other system having same
mandrake linux. So the problem is somewhere in the
configuration. Can any body help me in this regard.

best regrds

MS in Software Engineering of Distributed Systems