No CIS present error

Wang Lun.Sheng-r63236 Lun-Sheng.Wang at freescale.com
Wed Nov 23 06:10:19 EST 2005

Hi, all,

I am working on a socket driver for the pcmcia host controller in i.mx31(arm11) processor. My kernel is 2.6.10. And this driver is based on the one in sa1100.

During booting up, everything seems to go fine, and i.mx31 socket driver runs successfully. The debugging messages indicate that voltages and resources are correct.

Here are some detailed informations:
1. One socket
2. #cardctl status
	Socket 0:
	  3.3V 16-bit PC Card
	  function 0: [ready]
3. #cardctl config
	Socket 0:
	  Vcc 3.3V  Vpp1 3.3V  Vpp2 3.3V
4. #cardctl info
	PRODID_1=""
	PRODID_2=""
	PRODID_3=""
	PRODID_4=""
	MANFID=0000,0000
	FUNCID=255
5. #cardmgr
	cardmgr[882]: watching 1 socket
	pcmciamtd: PCMCIA Flash memory card driver $Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
	pcmciamtd: ParseTuple: Bad CIS tuple
6. Support 5 windows, memory space assigned to pcmcia: 0xbc000000-0xbfffffff (64). but I just used 3 windows:
	bc000000-bfffffff : PCMCIA socket 0
	bc000000-bcffffff : io
	be000000-beffffff : attribute
	bf000000-bfffffff : memory

However, when I issue command dump_cis, it always returns with "no CIS present". And when I run rc.pcmcia, It says that socket 0 is "Anonymous Memory" and tries to load memory_cs client driver whatever card I insert into the socket.

I have some questions unsure here. Any help will be appreciated greatly:
1. Can I use dump_cis with just loading socket service and card service, or something should be done before issuing dump_cis to get CIS information?
2. I am not sure what's meaning of io port and memory resource allocation in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts such as:
	include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
	include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff
    Are these resources the same as the one allocated to windows above?

Thanks and best regards!

AlunWang

Phone: 86-10-58798108
Lun-Sheng.Wang at freescale.com
Embedded Systems Development Lab
Freescale Semiconductor Inc.

This email, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[x] Freescale Semiconductor General Business
[  ] Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[  ] Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary