About PCMCIA architecture

王 孟杰 bupt_jacky at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:01:13 EST 2005

hi,

Recently,I want to write a driver for a CDMA wireless card with PCMCIA
interface,my system is Redhat 9.0 with kernel 2.4.20-8.But I'm not familiar
with the architecture of the PCMCIA subsystem.so who can tell me the
relationship between the modules of PCMCIA subsystem,and it will be very
helpful if you can offer a chart to explain the relationship.

For example:I don't know the difference between the socket driver & Cardbus
bridge driver,and there are some files ended with
".o"(ds.o,i82092.o,i82365.o,pcmcia_core.o,tcic.o,and yenta_socket.o) ,I've
not got familiar with the hiberarchy or dependence and the function of
these files.

Thanks you for your help

Peter.Wang
2005-11-9