Anonymous Memory

dee deetee at diversity-radio.net
Tue May 24 20:28:02 EDT 2005

Thanks for your replies,

I originally had only the i82365 loaded. but in despair i tried anything
that look plausible. i82092  had 'no description', and loaded
successfully. I loaded this using modconf.
As far asI am aware the behaviour didn't change one jot.

here is my /etc/default/pcmcia file:
# Defaults for pcmcia (sourced by /etc/init.d/pcmcia)
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
#PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=1 fast_pci=1 freq_bypass=0 cmd_time=3"
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-v

---
Is the exchange below also relevant to me, and if so what am I
meant to do exactly?

I also note that I unloaded every pcmcia module, and reloaded. at this
stage the card was recognised as a xircom, but could not make a network
connection. now when it boots its 'anonymous memory'.

i have a sneaky feeling something gets to the card and tries to load it
during boot before its been defined. were my dmesgs in a sensible order?

grateful for any suggestions,
dee