Building serial_cs.ko

Nathan M ngmlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:43:34 EDT 2005

> > Could someone point me to a link or send me serial_cs.ko for arm linux
> > or alternatively provide the compiler options need to build
> > serial_cs.ko from serial_cs.c?
>
> Enable it in your configuration and then run make.  You don't need to
> make clean and rebuild from scratch with 2.6 kernels.

Are you suggesting simply enabling it in a "make menuconfig"?  I think
i've found the magic bullet under "Character devices --> Serial
drivers --> 8250/16550 and compatible serial support" an option that
was not enabled. ? for this option does not specifically mention
serial_cs, however it does make reference to serial devices and serial
modems.  I didn't see anything under PCMCIA/Cardbus support in
menuconfig that seemed related to serial_cs, besides serial_cs.c is in
a serial driver folder in my linux source not a PCMCIA folder.

Could I just add this option, recompile the kernel on my development
machine and copy serial_cs.ko to the ARMcore?

-Nathan