pcmcia not working on thinkpad x40

Carlos Maldonado kamihacker at sohost.net
Sat Jul 16 22:46:32 EDT 2005

Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 07:49:55AM -0400, Carlos Maldonado wrote:
>
>>OK, I gave up on getting the SD card to work. I bought a 4-in-1 pcmcia
>>card reader on ebay
>>
>>so here I am without pcmcia support, don't know why if many people have
>>reported it working on several debian installation logs
>>
>>anyhow, I'm on sysfsutils 1.3.0, module-init-tools 3.2-pre4 and 2.6.12.1
>>vanilla (Debian Sarge, sysfsutils from sid which is patched already)
>>
>>pcmciautils-003
>

> Please try out 2.6.13-rc3 and pcmciautils-006. You can drop pcmcia-cs,
> though... (but please try it _with_ pcmcia-cs first).

I was afraid I was going to be told this, but I didn't want to try the
2.6.13-rc3, last time I tried one mm branch I had to squash some bugs
and report some stuff that I didn't even understand :(

how do I use pcmcia-cs only, first? is there anyway to uninstall
pcmcmiautils? (make uninstall perhaps?)

thanks Dominik, I'll give it a try and get back to you people here

/me goes for thinkpad again

Carlos Maldonado