*** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power - Kernel 2.6.11 & 2.6.12-git10

François Wautier linux at fwconsult.com
Thu Jul 7 22:11:33 EDT 2005

Hi John,

> Thanks François

No prob

> Yes, I think these must be almost identical boxes - mine came with XP Home
> and a UK keyboard.

Lucky you.. you have an ML-34 processor. I wanted an ML-32 or ML-34, but here
in Bangkok you have but the ML-28.

Always lots of options here in Thailand, when I bought my car (Peugeot 406) I
could choose.. the colour. :(

> The ATI binary drivers work fine  (emerge ati-drivers) but not everyone
> wants proprietary drivers :(

I've been debating installing those..  I did very early on, but before I even
tried to use it, I changed my mind.

BTW if you ever decided to uninstall those you'll need to re-link the libGL.so
file.

> Also vga=0x0123 on the kernel params gives a nice console mode.

Thanks I'll try

Did you try my keyboard's mapping? It should work on yours too... For the
console, just grab uk.map.gz and add the 2 lines needed... that should do
it... but then you probably don't care that much about the euro sign ;-)

> Still some problems with pci=assign-busses but I will raise that on the
> list.

I'll respond to your post. I did find a problem too.... But the card I wanted
to see working IS working. :)

Now if I could find a 64bit driver for the Broadcom 4318E...  The worst of it
all is that Broadcom sends a Linux driver with its "development platform" for
that chips :-[

Cheers,
	François