*** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power - Kernel 2.6.11 & 2.6.12-git10

John Jarvie jjarvie at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:31:19 EDT 2005

I have the above message with recent kernels on Gentoo amd64:

uname -a >
Linux xxxxx 2.6.11-gentoo-r1 #12 Fri Jun 17 15:22:55 UTC 2005 x86_64 AMD
Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-34 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

The hardware is an Acer Aspire 5020 laptop, this also has an integrated
flash card reader on the same TI chipset as the pcmcia, no drivers for this
.... :(

The cards are also not being identified on insertion  (cardctl info, etc)

I have attached dmesg, lspci -vv & lspci -n

As far as I can see, that although there is a memory gap in the bios, this
is not being used by the yenta_socket driver, so the 2.6.11 patches on the
web site seem to be working.

As far as I can see, there are similar issues booting a 32 bit 2.6.11 Kernel
such as Knoppix 3.8.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John