TI1130 and wireless NIC cards on the HP800CT Omnibook

Ward... James Ward james_ward at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 12:48:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to make a wireless VNC viewer using svncviewer (SVGALIB) out of
this old subnotebook.  Everything works great except the wireless.  All I
can seem to find that works at all have been Atheros based cards.  The
problems I have are:

Network drops out after some time and the card needs to be reinititalized.
System freezes.
Occassional kernel panics.

A similar setup works fabulously in my Casio Fiva subnotebook, but it is a
far more modern machine.

I've tried both Debian and Slackware with their current 2.4 kernels and
both supplied and CVS versions of Madwifi drivers.  It occurs to me that
maybe the HP's PCMCIA slots are 16 bit instead of 32?  Does CARDBUS Ready
imply 32 bit?

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

James Ward