Yenta CardBus disables IRQ on insert

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.de
Sat Jan 29 13:58:17 EST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:16:28AM -0800, Mike Cumings wrote:
> The problem occurs consitently when inserting a specific Wifi module into
> a CardBus slot, though I have a wired LAN module which seems to prompt
> this failure on a less frequent basis.

Can you send me the full /proc/interrupts output for the wired LAN module,
please? Also, could you try out 2.6.11-rc2+ or later, and pass the parameter
"disable_clkrun=1" to yenta_socket? (i.e. add
yenta_socket.disable_clockrun=1 if you have built it into the kernel, or use
"modprobe yenta_socket disable_clockrun=1" _before_ starting pcmcia using
/etc/init.d/pcmcia or wherever your distribution does it.

Thanks,