How to use compact flash on embedded 2.6.11 system?

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Sun Feb 13 15:34:28 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 09:30:53PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> > I think the problem is with these "function not implemented" errors.
> > The IDE driver was not able to configure the card; probably because
> > each time it asked for an IO window, the request was refused.
>
> IIRC this was on a statically mapped socket, so it doesn't need resources to
> be adjusted.

I wondered about that... however if that's how static sockets are
handled now then I don't see why the IDE driver is failing.  The "No
more items" error means that the driver has attempted to configure the
card using all available configuration table entries, and all were
refused because the requested resources were not available.

-- Dave