PXA2xx pcmcia to compact flash on 2.6.13

John Heil armdev at scsoftware.sc-software.com
Thu Dec 15 14:00:33 EST 2005

I'm trying to get a Intel Xscale PXA2xx to communicate w a
compact flash device. I've written a driver to do this
entirely w/in the kernel because I cannot use pcmciautils
nor do anything else in user space. Hotplug as it is currently
designed is thus, not an option.

The actual chip is a PXA270. The board is based on the Intel
reference design, Mt. Wilson and its successor.

The original Intel reference design was supported in 2.4.21
under the name 'mainstone'.

That designed used an FPGA to manage signals and set volages.

On the board I'm working on, the original FPGA has been replace
by a CPLD which only manages signals. Voltages are fixed @ 3.3.

The only task is read and write to compact flash.

I've done a bind_request to get ide-cs.c to manage the compact flash.
bind_request completes successfully and I then call ide_attach in
ide-cs.

ide_attach does a pcmcia_register_client and ds.c ultimately drives
GetFirstTuple which is failing w 'No more items'

What am I missing?
What do I need to get this running quickly ?

thnx,
johnh

-
John Heil
South Coast Software
Custom systems software for UNIX and IBM MVS mainframes
1-714-774-6952
johnhscs at sc-software.com
http://www.sc-software.com