Regarding writing a PCMCIA client driver for a multifunction device

monali.katkar at wipro.com monali.katkar at wipro.com
Fri Dec 9 07:51:42 EST 2005

Hello Dominik,
Thanks a lot for your reply .

My card is identified as
Socket 0:
product info: "CF CARD", "GENERIC", "", ""
manfid: 0xXXXX, 0xXXXX
function: 2 (serial)
For a multifunction card I think it should report function: 0
(multifunction). M I correct ?

What do you mean by pseudo multifunction card ?

I also want to know the following -

1. In PCMCIA, does CS handle the interrupts?
  If not then which module services the interupts and routes the
interrupts to the appropriate client driver?

2. For a PCMCIA card which has two functions USB and the UART what
happenes if both the function raise interrupt simultaneously, whose
interrupt handler is invoked -  PCMCIA client driver for UART function
or PCMCIA client driver for USB function. Are both the interrupt
handlers invoked and in what sequence .

Regards,
Monali.

Confidentiality Notice