it is seen now [Was: Re: 32-bit pc card cannot be seen [with files this time !]]

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Wed Dec 7 05:32:52 EST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:11:35PM +0100, Eric Laly wrote:
> > Now I'd still be interested in whether applying the patch
> > http://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=6767&action=view
> > , recompiling, rebooting _without_ the pci=assign-busses option helps as
> > well.
> patch applied and reboot without pci=assign-busses.
> the log are joined this time !
> hope that's help.

Thank you very much -- and indeed, it proved that the patch I suggested
there needed a bit more work (off-by-one error, pcibios_assign_all_busses is
a function, not a value). It'd be great if you could also test the updated
patch:
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=6777&action=view

Many thanks,