sram memory

Pedro Burjack pedro at ztec.com.br
Wed Apr 6 06:42:49 EDT 2005

Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:45:49AM +0000, Pedro Burjack wrote:
>

>> Hi, my name is Pedro
>>
>> I'm using a Pretec SRAM 6MB in a distribuition called Conectiva 9
>> with kernel 2.4.
>> I only needed to install kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.2.3.rpm, modify
>> /etc/pcmcia/config
>> inserting
>>
>> card "Pretec"
>>   manfid 0x0000,0x0000
>>   bind "memory_cs"
>>
>> and my card was reconized and I was using the kernel's module i82365
>> and device /dev/mem0c0b
>>
>> Now I'm trying to use it in kernel 2.6.5 where I already compiled
>> pcmcia support
>>

> Could you try something more recent? (2.6.11.x, 2.6.12-rc1 or something
> similar?) Also, memory_cs got replaced by pcmciamtd so you should replace
>
>    bind "memory_cs"
>
> with
>
>    bind "pcmciamtd"

Hi,

I tried to use bind "pcmciamtd" and this was the error message:

bind 'pcmciamtd' to socket 1 failed: Invalid argument

I configured my /etc/pcmcia/config like this

device "pcmciamtd"
class "memory" module "pcmciamtd"

card "Pretec"
   version "PRETEC", "  6MB SRAM CARD"
   manfid 0x0000,0x0000
   bind "pcmciamtd"

How can I do to cardmgr accepts the argument
bind "pcmciamtd"?

thank you