Making a PCMCIA network card work?

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Apr 3 03:23:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Apr  3 01:42:32 localhost kernel: ACPI: Can't get handler for 0000:03:00.0

> relevant part of 'lspci -vv' :

Does "lspci" show up a device numbered 0000:03:00.0 ?

> I dont know what to do next. Isn't cardmgr supposed to load a driver?

No, as it is a cardbus device -- this is handled by the hotplug subsystem.

> Do I have to modprobe something?

Possibly. But only if you haven't built the proper PCI driver into the
kernel.

If all this doesn't work, the error most probably is caused by the ACPI
error message above, which I cannot track down at the moment, unfortunately.