I want my memory_cs

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Oct 28 11:10:35 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Vladimir wrote:

> i'm sorry i have almost the same problem - but i could not compile
> module pcmciamtd. I saw it in my 2.6.8-1 tree, but did not find in
> configuration. Could you please help. Thanks a lot

If you see pcmciamtd.c in the sources, search every Makefile for
"pcmciamtd".  You'll find:

obj-$(CONFIG_MTD_PCMCIA)        += pcmciamtd.o

Now search every Kconfig for "MTD_PCMCIA".  You'll find:

config MTD_PCMCIA
         tristate "PCMCIA MTD driver"
         depends on MTD && PCMCIA && MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS && BROKEN

It looks like you are out of luck.  The driver is marked as broken.  It
used to work for me in older kernels.  You may want to enable broken
drivers in the kernel and fix the driver.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin