TI 1130 chipset woes - no IRQ assigned.

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Tue Oct 26 18:02:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:39:56PM -0400, Jim Nelson wrote:
> I've got a bit of a problem with my old Thinkpad 760ED.  The Cardbus bridge
> is not getting an IRQ assigned by the BIOS, and is defaulting to IRQ 255.
> I've got the TI 1031 & 1131 datasheets and would like a little advice on
> how to get this thing working.

You can't get it working; the PCI interrupt pin on the CardBus bridge
is not connected to anything.  And the kernel PCMCIA system does not
support CardBus devices without a PCI interrupt.

(if you check the users guide for this laptop, it says that CardBus is
not supported under Windows, for the same reason)

If you use a 2.4 or older kernel, and the external pcmcia-cs modules,
then this setup will work, for CardBus cards that work with pcmcia-cs
drivers.  The pcmcia-cs socket driver will route ISA interrupts for
CardBus cards if no PCI interrupt is available.  The kernel subsystem
doesn't support this option.

-- Dave